Z-PAC Theatre Creating Entertainment and Opportunity
THE ZEPHYR STREET PERFORMING ARTS COMMUNITY THEATRE
2017 Message from Z-PAC President Liane Mills – 'What's coming up this year.'
Z-PAC is a community-based theatre run by volunteers, producing a number of quality productions each year, using local actors, directors, technical and support staff. We are always very happy to welcome new people into our theatre community and invite you to peruse our site for more information.
We also hire out our venue to visiting artists as well as local individuals and groups looking for a venue for their meetings, events and performances.
Contact us for more information.
E-mail or phone Z-PAC President Liane Mills on 0418 712 636.
- See Current News
- Calendar 2017 here!
- Past Performances – photos, posters, programmes and videos!
- Past Events – read about past events at Z-PAC!
- Become a Z-PAC Member! Click here for more information.
We want to save you money.
'Early Bird Discounts' on tickets. Book and pay 3 weeks before a show and save $5 per ticket! Click here to book tickets and start saving!
HEARING LOOP SYSTEM
Z-PAC Theatre received Qld Govt Gambling Fund Grant for Hearing Loop System.
Z-PAC is very pleased to advise that we now have installed a Hearing Loop System at Z-PAC Theatre. This will enable those with hearing aids to benefit from the hearing loop which provides a magnetic, wireless signal that is picked up by the hearing aid when it is set to 'T' (Telecoil) setting.
In addition, those without hearing aids but with hearing difficulties can hire (at no charge) a set of headphones which link wirelessly link into the hearing loop to deliver the sound from the stage straight to their ears.
The response from patrons has been extremely positive.
"Absolutely brilliant", says Anne Claydon.
"Really helped me enjoy the show without straining to concentrate", said Steve Dixon.
If you wish to hire one of the devices, please let the Z-PAC staff know prior to the show's commencement.
With our disability ramp and Hearing Loop System, Z-PAC continues to address issues within the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
The Disability (Access to Premises – Buildings) Standards 2010 under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 provides protection for everyone in Australian against discrimination based on disability.
A key requirement under these standards is that a hearing augmentation system be provided in buildings where people assemble for:
- civic, theatrical, social, political or religious purposes; or
- educational purposes in a school, early childhood centre, preschool, etc; or
- entertainment, recreational or sporting purposes
Thank you to the Fraser Coast Regional Council for the recent grant for the disability ramp which has now been completed at Z-PAC Theatre. It will provide much better access for people with wheelchairs and other mobility devices.
Z-PAC COUNTRY, ROCK & BLUES CLUB
The Z-PAC Country, Rock & Blues Club meets every Sunday from 6pm. Live band.
Everyone welcome to perform. More information.
Z-PAC THEATRE NEEDS YOUR HELP!
1. Actors, directors, writers, technical personnel. (both experienced and willing to learn)
2. We are also looking for people able to assist with Front of House duties door/ticket sales, the kitchen, ushering and the bar during our productions.
3. Make some new friends and enjoy creating amazing things with the Z-PAC maintenance team – no experience necessary. You will help build/construct sets, props and perform general theatre maintenance. Only a few hours a week. Everyone welcome – all ages.
4. Support your local theatre – become a Z-PAC sponsor. Contact for more information.
Z-PAC is committed to high ethical standards and insists all volunteers strictly adhere to our Code of Conduct.