A few words from the President:
- Z-PAC Christmas Party November 30th Blazing Saddles
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO NOMINATE YOUR FRIENDS FOR OUR FIRST EVER
Z-PAC ZANY ALL THINGS THEATRICAL AWARDS 2019
These will be announced at the Xmas Party as part of our fun reminisce over the year that was. Details of the award categories are below. Please have a look through and send me an email/text/facebook message/pigeon etc to nominate someone! If you have another category you would like, let me know! Amazing prizes….. well actually not amazing…. But it will be fun! So put your thinking caps on.
Friday November 30 from 6:00pm
140 Freshwater St Torquay
Free for members, $25 for Guests.
Come along and have some fun and help celebrate a great year of theatre!
BOOK NOW! – https://www.trybooking.com/ZMMQ
(To help with catering, we’d really appreciate you booking!)
Big Thank you to Darren and the team at the Torquay Hotel for their support of Z-PAC Theatre!
- Tickets Available now for our Fabulous Final Show for 2018
The Pantomime for the whole family – Babes in the Woods (December)
- Audition for 2019 Show May 30 – June 16 Bombshells
Auditions have opened for Bombshells. Written by Joanna Murray-Smith. Directed by Theresa Saunders
A Fabulous, funny Australian play about 6 women who are either on the brink of a break through or a breakdown. (Adult themes and some adult language. Recommended ages 15+)
11 Performances 7:30 pm May 31, June 1, 7, 8, 14, 15 2:00 pm June 2, 8, 9, 15, 16
Audition Sunday February 10 1-4pm If you are interested in Auditioning, please email and I’ll send you Audition Pack. These are also available to download from our website.
Best wishes and see you at Z-PAC soon! Liane Mills President
Xmas Pantomime Babes in the Wood
by arrangement with Lazy Bee Scripts
8 Performances only, December 7-16
Tickets available now. Early Bird Discount to 16 November. Book Online
A traditional pantomime, based loosely around the story of Robin Hood and his Merry Men. With fun characters, slapstick, visual jokes, puns and mayhem throughout. Fun for the whole Family.
Nominations please ……..
Z-PAC ZANY AWARDS 2019
- Awards: best onstage romance / bromance / fomance.
- Best / worst onstage laugh.
- So ugly its amazing costume appreciation award.
- Most unsuccessful / obvious prompt award.
- The ‘you get the gist of it’ award for the greatest alteration / interpretation of a scene or monologue in performance.
- Most likely to fall in the pit.
- The “ghost” award. (Most likely to forget an entrance.)
- Best snow/wind/gun shot. (stage crew)
- Best death.
- Most creative bow.
- Most Traumatic Cast Party.
- Actor Who Memorized The Least Amount Of Their Lines.
- Most Illegal Cutting Of The Script.
- Loudest Actor.
- Best Stage Manager Who Has Recently Embraced Meditation To Keep From Murdering The Cast.
- Best Musical Which Was Chosen For The Season Even Though They Didn’t Have Anyone Who Could Sing Those Songs So It Was Pretty Rough.
- Largest Number Of Tears Shed Onstage.
- Worst Backstage Snacks.
- Most Horrified Face Made By A Director While Watching a Rehearsal.
- Most Inspiring 11th Hour Speech After A Disastrous Dress Rehearsal.
- Actor Who’s Been Auditioning With The Same Monologue The Longest.
- The Constant Whistler Award For Extremely Frustrating Personal Habits.
- Most Uncomfortable Chairs.
- Longest Pre-Show Speech.
- Most Fake Blood.
- Worst Onstage Kiss For Both Parties.
- Largest Number Of Tears Shed Offstage.
- Best Headshot That’s Clearly From 30 Years Ago When You Had A LOT More Hair.
- Most Cigarettes Smoked At Intermission.
- Best Backstage Argument.
- Actor With The Most Unsolicited Advice For Other Actors.
- Actor Who Has Referenced Their “Feature Film” The Most Times.
- Most Milked Death Scene
Last Karaoke for 2018
Come join us for a fun-filled night of singing and lots of laughter at Z-PAC’s Karaoke Night!
Everyone welcome. Free Entry. Licensed Bar.
$764 Donated to Z-PAC
A HUGE Thank You to Joe Minnegal and the team at Helloworld Travel Hervey Bay who last week gave Z-PAC a cheque for $764 as sponsorship for 2018!
Every time you book a holiday with Helloworld Travel Hervey Bay, mention Z-PAC Theatre. They will record your details and make a donation of 1% of the commissionable booking value of their booking to Z-PAC!
Joe, Linda and the team are ready to assist you with all your travel needs. Give them a call today.
4/9 Torquay Rd, Hervey Bay
A Big THANK YOU to Michelle and Les and the team at Hervey Bay Security
102 Islander Rd, Pialba QLD 4655 1300 651 427
For almost 4 years they have been monitoring the Security at Z-PAC, attending the premises when the alarm goes off and checking it day and night on their rounds. Unfortunately, we are often subject to unwanted intruders and the security system is of great deterrent and keeps damage to a minimum.
We are now upgrading our security even further and Hervey Bay Security has offered to put in all the new units at no cost!! How generous!! Please support this local business which not only provides an amazing range of security services, but also is a wonderful support of Z-PAC Theatre!
Thanks Michelle and Les!