A few words from the President:
So much is happening at Z-PAC at the moment! Here are just a few highlights with more details further in the newsletter.
- Auditions this weekend for our live radio show – Miss Bilby and the Moss-Covered Cleric! And for those of you who would love to be in a show, but worry you won’t remember your lines, this is the show for you! Because it’s a live radio show, you have a script in hand and don’t have to memorize it! So come along this Saturday 9:30am and have some fun auditioning! Show runs August 16 to September 14.
- Drama Classes with Tim Holstein are Starting at Z-PAC on May 1st! Classes for Juniors 6-12 cost $15 pw; Seniors, 13-18 and Adults $20 pw. We have a wonderful Teacher, the talented tutor and actor Tim Holstein volunteering his time to help keen actors improve their craft. Booking info below. Demand was so high we have added an extra class, so a few spots are still open! Maximum 15 per class, so book early.
- Local well-known entertainer Jon Vea Vea is putting on a Dance Party Concert at Z-PAC Theatre on May 18th. All money raised he is donating to Z-PAC! So come along for a great night of Music and Fun. Booking details below.
- Z-PAC on the Move! Yes we are taking a show out to the Community! More Details below, including Audition info…
- Our next fabulous show at Z-PAC is called Bombshells and opens May 30th. More details below – book now so you get the early bird discount!
- Culture Caf at the HB Community Centre is coming up May 2nd 10-12. This month we feature the fabulous SPAIN! Come along and enjoy a great morning of fun and friendship, learn a bit about a different culture and taste some great food. Only $5.
Liane Mills President
Written by Joanne Murray-Smith
Directed by Theresa Saunders
It is an examination of six women at critical junctions in their lives who are either on the brink of a breakdown or break through. It is about external calm and internal chaos, about the tricky landscape of modern womanhood. With singing, dancing, comedy and the hilarity of honesty, the play exposes what some women would just love to say out loud.
Tickets available now – www.zpactheatre.com
Or Directly – https://www.trybooking.com/ZZLR
Or drop by the Theatre Friday mornings 9-12
It’s Party Time at Z-PAC
With Jon Vea Vea’s Nite Groove House Party
It’s a foot-tapping, sing along night with songs you will love. Sing, Dance have fun!
Jon is donating all Proceeds back to Z-PAC Theatre
Tickets $22 for everyone
Book online https://www.trybooking.com/BBKAW
Tickets for all our other shows are also available now.
Book shows early (3 weeks prior to opening night) to receive the early bird discount (up to $5 off each ticket)
Aug 15 to Sept 14
Miss Bilby and the Moss-Covered Cleric
This is a light-hearted spoof both of an Agatha Christie whodunit and of bad radio drama, with every cliche of plot and sound effect. Hilariously, all sound effects are produced on stage in the most ingenious and funny ways, with sound effects being the star of the show.
Early Bird Discount ends July 26th
Enjoy some Blood-curdling entertainment as Professor Van Helsing and his brave comrades must hunt down and destroy the profoundly evil Count Dracula. (Adult Themes, Horror. Recommended ages 15+)
Early Bird Discount ends September 20th
Nov 29 to Dec 15
Last of the Summer Wine
Written by Roy Clarke
Directed by Roger Jennings
BOOK NOW: https://www.trybooking.com/BAAIB
They’re Back! Follow Foggy, Cleggy and Compo on a new madcap adventure into the realms of matrimony!!!
Early Bird Discount ends November 8th
Auditions – Saturday April 27th 9:30-2pm
More details on our website www.zpactheatre.com
Remember, this is a live radio show, so you don’t have to memorize the scripts. Short rehearsal schedule too – so if you have always wanted to perform at Z-PAC, this may be your chance to start!
Come along and Audition for this fun show! Parts for all ages and experience.
10 shows running August 16 to September 14th
Auditions May 2nd 4-7pm
Z-PAC On the Move
The show is Snapshots from Home by Margery Forde
To be directed by Jonathan Dunn
Be part of a new and innovative program where we take the theatre to you!
There are many people in our community with mobility challenges who would love to see live theatre. Z-PAC is putting together a show specifically designed to take to Community Groups such as retirement villages, Aged Care Facilities and the like.
If you think you might like to be involved, and would be available for rehearsals and performances during regular business hours, please come along to Auditions next Thursday, May 2nd from 4pm.
There are 4 people required:
2 males 20-50 years
2 females 20-50 years
Contact me for more information about the play and the program. firstname.lastname@example.org
Come early and enjoy Live Entertainment at Z-PAC before the shows.
Entertainers include The Two Robs (pictured), Jon Vea Vea, Frederic Harrop, Patricia Cork, Gar MacLeman. They all give their time to Z-PAC as volunteers and we thank them very much!
Doors open 1 hour before the show, so why not come early, get a drink from the bar and enjoy some live music before the show.
See you there!
Thanks to the RSL
for a Grant for our Plaques and historical record-keeping.
Have you seen the plaques at Z-PAC theatre? Exciting news, we are about to get a whole lot more, thanks to the wonderful grant of $2,640 we recently received from the RSL.
A big special THANK YOU to Robyn Edwards of the Hervey Bay Community Centre for her assistance in writing this successful grant.
Culture Caf at the Community Centre 10am-12 noon
Spain is featured May 1st!
On First Thursday of every month come along to the Hervey Bay Community Centre 22 Charles Street Pialba and enjoy a morning of entertainment, good food and friendship as you learn about fascinating countries around the world.
Cost is only $5 per person and includes 2 tasting plates of food from the counrty of the day and tea/coffee.
SPAIN – Thursday May 1st 10-12!
- Tinies 6-9yrs Wed 4-5pm (from May 1st)
- Juniors 10-12yrs Wed 5-6pm (from May 1st)
- Seniors 13-17yrs Mon 4:30-6pm (from May 6th)
- Adults 18+ Mon 6-7:30pm (from May 6th)
Costs for the Term:
- Tinies & Juniors 1hr classes $135 (9 weeks)
- Seniors & Adults 1.5 hr classes $160 (8 weeks)
Drama Classes at Z-PAC Starting May 1st Aged 6 through to adults
Bookings were so strong we have added an extra class and as a result have had to adjust some of the class dates/times. There are a few spots left in each group, with a maximum of 15 per class so book now!
The fabulous Tim Holstein will be your instructor!
Book online https://www.trybooking.com/BBVNZ
Or book Friday mornings 9-12 at Z-PAC Theatre
Click on these links to complete your membership:
Season Pass: https://www.trybooking.com/JWYK
Z-PAC Annual Memberships
Now Due for 2019
Become a member of your local theatre and join a vibrant, energetic artistic community. Benefits include discounts on tickets and workshops and access to volunteering opportunities.
- Single: $33
- Family: $60
- Season Passes
- Adult: $137.50 (inc 5 shows + Membership)
- Concession: $110 (inc 5 shows + Membership)
Make friends and have fun Volunteering at Z-PAC
Have you ever considered joining in some of the fun activities at Z-PAC Theatre? There are so many ways you can get involved aside from being a wonderful patron.
The key areas at the moment are:
- Set building – Tuesday 9-2
- Front of House – each show we need 5-7 people
Training is provided and no experience is necessary. Contact me if you are interested. Liane Mills 0418 712 636 or email: email@example.com
A Big THANK YOU to Michelle and Les and the team at Hervey Bay Security
102 Islander Rd, Pialba QLD 4655 1300 651 427
For almost 4 years they have been monitoring the Security at Z-PAC, attending the premises when the alarm goes off and checking it day and night on their rounds. Unfortunately, we are often subject to unwanted intruders and the security system is of great deterrent and keeps damage to a minimum.
We are now upgrading our security even further and Hervey Bay Security has offered to put in all the new units at no cost!! How generous!! Please support this local business which not only provides an amazing range of security services, but also is a wonderful support of Z-PAC Theatre!
Thanks Michelle and Les!
Other Valuable Sponsors include:
- The Torquay Hotel for their support throughout the year.
- Glenn Barsby at Southern Cross Austereo for the great radio adverts at special prices for Z-PAC.
- Our local Community Radio FM 107.5, for their enthusiastic promotion of Z-PAC.
- Hervey Bay RSL for sponsorships with our Historical record-keeping and show plaques.
- Thank you to Gordon Burgemeister who has completed a lot of Electrical Work for us at Z-PAC at greatly reduced rates.
- Thank you to Adam Haidley, Hervey Bay Concreting, for his fabulous job on the foyer flooring for a special Z-PAC Price.
- Thank you to Dan Krause of Street Art Concepts for painting the façade of the Theatre. It looks amazing!
- Hervey Bay Culture Caf for their continued Support of Z-PAC Theatre, promoting our productions.
- Thank you to OFFICEWORKS Hervey Bay for their assistance with the furnishings in our bio box renovations. We appreciated the support.