An 8 Week Drama Program for Teenagers
Course Breakdown: This beginner foundation program is designed for Teenage students. Its focus is for the development of three key areas: confidence, acting in the genre of realism and enhancement of dramatic technique. This 1 term course will aim to push students’ comfort levels whilst improving their ability to embrace theatre decorum and work ethics. It will also prepare students to be ‘show ready’ for the coming year and is a complimentary program for reinforcing any future performing endeavours, in any of the performing arts areas.
- Week 1: Getting to know you games, confidence in a group and knowing ‘the Stage’.
- Week 2: Being ‘stage physical’, realism techniques, acting technique.
- Week 3: How to ‘listen’ and take direction. Work with simple texts. Partner/trio work
- Week 4: Creating a character out of a text.
- Week 5: Creating a performance. Designing. Scaffolding.
- Week 6: Reinforcing previous skills. Beginning ‘The Project’
- Week 7: Working towards week 8 show
- Week 8: Last minute fix-ups and parents performance.
If students are away for any of these weeks, I’ll have a copy of what we do, and information/theory to back-up what we do. I will also spend the first 5 minutes of each lesson recapping what we have done the lesson prior and to see what students completed for HOMEWORK.
Yes there will be HOMEWORK… but I promise it will be fun – simple easy activities to reinforce the lesson and prepare them for the next week. Please complete in the attached book, but don’t stress if it is forgotten about. It is optional but HIGHLY recommended.
In the last few weeks, students will need to learn lines and blocking and movement etc. for their performances. These are NOT optional. For their performances to be a success, I will expect students to be ‘off-book’ and prepared on dates I request. There will be plenty of notice and we will work on it in class, but I do not have enough time to catch students up. Thank you for considering enrollment in BEING REAL. I am certain you will see REAL improvements in these students after the conclusion of this course. Cheers!