A 9 Week Drama Program for ages 10 – 12
Course Breakdown: This beginner foundation program is designed for Students between the ages of 10 – 12. Its focus is for the development of three key areas: physical performance, enhancing imagination and collaborative performance. This 1 term course will aim to push students’ comfort levels whilst improving their ability to embrace theatre decorum and work ethics. It will also prepare students to be ‘show ready’ for the coming year and is a complimentary program for reinforcing any future performing endeavours, in any of the performing arts areas.
- Week 1: Catch up and refresher activities. Building up with improve.
- Week 2: Being ‘stage physical’, physical theatre, actor ‘fitness’.
- Week 3: How to ‘listen’. Work with partners and small groups. Ensemble work.
- Week 4: Using the imagination and creating in performance. Improvisation.
- Week 5: Creating a performance. Designing. Scaffolding.
- Week 6: Reinforcing Previous skills. Beginning ‘The Project’
- Week 7+: Working towards end of term show.
If students are away for any of these weeks, I will always have a copy of what we do, and information/theory to back-up what we do. I will also spend the first 5 minutes of each lesson recapping the lesson prior and to see what students completed for HOMEWORK.
Yes there will be HOMEWORK… but I promise it will be fun – simple easy activities to reinforce the lesson and prepare them for the next week. Please complete in the attached book, but do not stress if it is forgotten about. It is optional but HIGHLY recommended.
In the last few weeks, students will need to learn lines and blocking and movement etc. for their performances. These are NOT optional. For their performances to be a success, I will expect students to be ‘off-book’ and prepared on dates I request. There will be plenty of notice and we will work on it in class, but I do not have enough time to catch students up. Thank you for considering enrollment in IMAGINATION (in) ACTING. I am certain your students will feel they can use their imagination to do anything after the conclusion of this course. Cheers!