In the best interests of our theatre as we grow and develop, the Z-PAC Management Committee have completed a review of our constitution and are proposing some changes (summarised below) for you to consider at a special meeting to be held at Z-PAC on Dec 9th @ 7pm.
If you are over 18 years of age, and you are a current financial member (meaning you have paid your membership fees for 2020), we urge you to carefully read & review all the attached documentation and to ensure that you have your vote (in person or by proxy).
Summary of proposed changes
1) Remove the ability to vote via proxy – i.e. you must physically be present at a general meeting to have a vote
2) Clarify rules around the life membership process
3) Remove the “Honorary” & “Friends of the theatre” membership classes
4) Remove the inherent gender bias (e.g. Chairman changed to chairperson)
5) Change the numbering format to be consistent (i.e. all first level points numerals, second alphabetic, third Roman numerals etc)
6) Correct the spelling & grammar mistakes
Click the links to view the current & draft constitutions and our vice-president has made this explanatory video; the formal paperwork (inc. proxy forms) were emailed out to our current financial members earlier this week so please let us know if you’ve not received them.
If you have any questions before the meeting please reach out to your committee (contact details for all committee members can be found on our website).
Thank you in advance for your support.