- This event has passed.
Red Riding Hood Auditions (2021)
August 8, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
More details will be added as we get closer to the actual audition date, so make sure you keep an eye on this page for further updates.
This page is for people looking to audition for this production. If you’re looking to purchase tickets for the performances, check out the show page here.
For songs listed with the audition pieces for each role, please download the excerpts here.
Please note, auditions are welcomed from all individuals for any role – regardless of any specific gender assignment in the audition pack, or assumed from the script – these should be considered more suggestions than actual requirements.
- 1:00 – 1:30pm: Setup, Filling in Audition packs, etc
- Would like to have all those auditioning for specific roles in the performance to remain for the full audition, however if you are unable to remain this will not automatically affect your chances at being offered the part. Please let the director know when submitting your audition form if you will need to leave early.
- Also note on the form if you will be unable to attend any of the rehearsals / performances listed. Again, this will not automatically remove you from consideration for a role even if you are unable to attend one or more performances, as we may choose to cast multiple people with a single role, performing on different days. Please also mention this if it may be only a possibility, but you cannot specifically say at the time of auditions (ie Shift Workers who may not yet have a roster for this period, but who could be scheduled to work). If you let us know on the Audition day, accomodations may be possible – if you don’t let us know until after casting is completed (unexpected/emergency situations aside), you may lose your role.
- 1:30 – 2:30pm: All cast and chorus singing / dancing
- Anyone auditioning will be required for this section. Will be looking at the group singing together, and some very basic movement. People only looking at a villager/chorus role will not be required to stay following this point, however individuals may be asked if they would consider remaining to audition for specific roles.
- 2:30 – 4:30pm: Individual roles – will be scheduled in order below (generally matches order found in the audition pack, although Prince Edwin has been moved later). No specific times given, as this will depend heavily on how many people are auditioning for each part.
- Woodland Fairy
- Lupus Rex
- Boy Blue / Bo Peep (together, as these roles are being cast as a pair)
- Hustle / Bustle (as for Boy Blue/Bo Peep, these roles are being cast as a pair, so will be auditioned together)
- Sir Jasper (will require some of those auditioning for Hustle/Bustle to remain)
- Grandma Merry
- Bobby Shaftoe
- Prince Edwin (as for Sir Jasper, will require some of those auditioning for Bobby to remain)
- Belinda Merry (will require some of those auditioning for Prince Edwin to remain)
- Additional: Following the individual role auditions, we may ask some small groups to read together to look at the dynamic between multiple roles, only if required. It should be noted that being asked to read with these groups does not necessarily indicate you are being prioritized for a particular role.
- 4:30 – 5:00pm: Final discussion and cast announcement.