Z-PAC Theatre is a finalist in the 2019 Fraser Coast Business & Tourism Awards, under the Not-for-Profits and Charities Category.
A few words from the President:
- Our Director’s Night was amazing! There were 12 show Proposals! It was a very difficult decision as they were all excellent presentations, from talented Directors, however the committee under the guidance of our Artistic Director, Theresa Saunders have selected the show listed below. We are still finalizing things, but you can read a brief summary in this newsletter. More info will follow.
- October 3rd 10am Only $5 Culture Caf at the HB Community Centre next month Featuring MOROCCO! Come along and enjoy a great morning of fun and friendship, learn a bit about a different culture and taste great food.
- Friday Oct 15, Dracula hits the stage at Z-PAC Theatre for three weeks. It’s a while since we have performed a “scary” show and we hope you will enjoy it! Special Halloween performance too, on October 31st. Last week for early bird discount tickets. Book now! or Friday mornings at the theatre.
- Sunday November 3 10am Auditions for Shakespeare In… and Out of Love. Contact me for more details. Brief outline below.
- November 9 Fabulous Singing Teacher, Gunilla Myren will be holding a concert at Z-PAC on November 9 at 2pm. Everyone is welcome to come along to enjoy some wonderful music. A small entry fee will be charged.
- November 16-17 Z-PAC ON SHOW – Come along and enjoy watching our talented Z-PAC Drama Students perform in their own showcase. Tickets $15 Adults/Concession and $10 Children 8-17. Tickets available at the door.
- Thursday December 5th 6pm Z-PAC CHRISTMAS PARTY at Z-PAC Theatre. Free for members. More on this closer to the date.
The 2019 Z-PAC Director’s Night was well attended, with a large number of submissions for potential productions for the 2020 Z-PAC Season being proposed. Organised under the direction of the Artistic Director, Theresa Saunders, the productions below were put forward for consideration. Theresa will now consider the submissions and, with the assistance of the management committee, provide a decision on the calendar for the upcoming year.
- Tim HolsteinKatanee Draheim
- The Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde – A Noah Smith Adaption
- Jack the Ripper, The Monster of Whitechapel – Joe Dickinson
- Inspector Drake and the Black Widow – David Tristram
- Shakespeare’s Girly Bits – Leah Pellinkhof
- When the Rain Stops Falling – Andrew Bovell
- In the Next Room (or The Vibrator Play) – Sarah Ruhl
- Twelfth Night – William Shakespeare
- Valentine’s Day special event – Excerpts from Shakespeare’s Love scenes
A term based Drama Program for Teenagers
Course Breakdown: This mid-foundation program is designed for Teenage students. Its focus is for the development of three key areas: confidence, acting in the genre of realism and enhancement of spoken form. This 1 term course will aim to push students’ comfort levels whilst improving their ability to embrace theatre decorum and work ethics. It will also prepare students to be ‘show ready’ for the coming year and is a complimentary program for reinforcing any future performing endeavours, in any of the performing arts areas.