I am delighted that Z-Pac have agreed to present One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest in 2021. I am sure that this outstanding play by Dale Wasserman, based on the bestselling book by Ken Kesey and the film adaptation starring Jack Nicholson needs little introduction but, just in case you need a reminder, you can read a synopsis of the play at the bottom of this letter. This is a fantastic play with a rare mix of superb characterisations, action, comedy, tragedy, desperation and hope.
There are also plenty of parts, large and smaller, for actors of all ages over 18 years. There are 17 parts for 13 men and 4 women. First the facts:
Auditions will take place on Sunday 13 June, 1-4 pm at Z-Pac Theatre, Zephyr St, Scarness. Call backs (if needed), Monday 14 June at 7.15 pm. Please follow the link for more details.
Play read through and induction, Tues 15 at 6.30 pm
Rehearsals initially Tuesday 22 June. Then from 6 July to 19 August every Tues and Thurs 6.30-9.30 pm. From 24th July every Saturday 10 –3pm will be included.
Performance dates: 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26 Sept and 1, 2, 3, Oct 2021. There will be full dress and technical rehearsals on Sat 11 Sept and Tuesday 14th Sept.
In order to schedule rehearsals effectively and so that, hopefully, I can avoid wasting anybody’s time during the rehearsal period, you will be asked to fill in a form regarding your availability for rehearsals at the time of your audition. It will be expected that most main parts will need to be available for most of the rehearsals and, this being the case, I would ask you to consider- and be honest about! – your availability before auditioning for a part.
Sides will be available at the theatre and we will have audition readings from the play.
Auditions: August 8th 1-5pm
Please check the audition event for more details.
If you are interested in auditioning for one of these productions, please have a look at the individual audition event for further details (roles, audition pieces, etc).
When auditioning for a production, please check the calendar to ensure you are available, not only for the show dates, but also for the rehearsal dates.
By auditioning you are agreeing:
- That you have read the Rehearsal Schedule and you have no current commitments which would cause you to miss rehearsals and are able to attend ALL performances
- Anyone under the age of 16 has their Parent/guardian permission to be fully involved in the production
- If successful you will give full attention to the production and will accept the directions of the Direction team.
- You are, or agree to becoming, a financial member of Z PAC Theatre
- For productions with children in the cast, all cast members will be required to submit an application for a Blue Card (Note: There is no charge for this application)